At our Midtown and Fleetwood Guildford Employment Service Centres, and other WorkBC sites, we aim to get job seekers connected to the labour market, ensure eligible clients receive appropriate employment services in alignment with current labour market information, and make certain that labour market services are in accordance with the needs and opportunities presented by local employers.
Fraser Works Co-op offers exceptional programs and services, and connects job seekers to the labour market.
We offer solutions for:
- Financial support
- Job development
- Apprenticeship training
- Self employment
- Job search support
- A staffed self-serve area and resource room including phones, computers and printers for job search purposes
- Case management sevices
- Employment readiness group workshops
Specialized services are also available for persons with disabilities, youth, aboriginal people, immigrants, Francophones, and job seekers who may be facing multiple barriers to gaining employment.
Services are available in multiple languages, and we have access to interpreters. Some of the services available to employers include:
- Assistance in recruiting skilled employees
- Pre-screening of applicants
- Professionally arranged job placements
- Post placement support and follow-up
- Direct support to employers and employees with ongoing training and workshops
- Assistance in the event of an employment crisis
- Wage subsidy support that helps employers with funding to provide on-the-job training
For more information about the WorkBC program, please visit www.workbc.ca